How to close and delete your LinkedIn account
There are always those that chose to not use the tool properly, that bemoan that it doesn’t work or aren’t prepared to invest the time to learn, and hence chose to say how difficult it is to close their LinkedIn account or that LinkedIn hide it away in some sort of grand conspiracy theory (?). There are also always some people that you simply cannot help because they either don’t want to listen, don’t want to try or simply have made their mind up one way or the other and aren’t open minded to a different viewpoint or learning.
For all those people I’d like to share with you how to close your LinkedIn account to both help you to leave and stop you being frustrated and annoyed by it any further. Of course if you’d like to learn how others are making tens of millions of new sales then perhaps a call might be an idea instead or read this blog .
Simply log in to your LinkedIn account and if you cannot remember your password then type your email address into the log in box and then hit forgotten password. LinkedIn will then email a reset to your email account associated with you on LinkedIn.
If you cannot even recall your account details you can email LinkedIn technical support for assistance on your password here.
Once you are logged in simply:-
- Go to the top right hand corner, put the mouse over the tiny picture of you, or the white box with the grey outline of you if you don’t have a photo on LinkedIn.
- Go down to privacy and settings and left click.
- Re-enter your password if asked.Then click on the account tab on the left (see picture below).
- Then click close your account, as indicated beside the large arrow.
- Confirm that you want to leave the biggest live database and networking session used by over 2/3 of the globes business professionals and then heh presto your account is deleted.
No more excuses about LinkedIn making it difficult, besmirching how hard it is to leave or general moaning required and I for one wish you well with your networking going forward.