I am often asked by people how to promote their LinkedIn profile and how to get noticed more. LinkedIn gives you a range of options but there are also good options outside of LinkedIn and Outlook is one of the most popular.
A question I am often asked is how people have “those links” to their LinkedIn profile in their email signature blocks. Some people just include it like another contact field with telephone, email, website and LinkedIn profiles.
Others like to use the button that says view my profile or similar. If you’re using the 2010 version of Outlook you can follow these simple steps:-
1. Simply right click on this image and then save as
LinkedIn Button (Copyright LinkedIn)
2. Save it locally to your desktop in a graphic file format such as .jpg
3. Then log into LinkedIn, go profile, view profile and copy your public profile URL from the top information box of your profile.
4. Go to your file (top left) then options then mail then signatures.
5. If you have an existing signature select it from the list, if not select new (if new then add in the text you’d like in your signature block apart from the LinkedIn element).
6. Then select where in your signature you’d like the button to appear, then click the graphic insert button highlighted in the image below in red circle.
7. Then, ensuring that you have selected the image first, hit the hyperlink button in the image below in the green circle.
8. Then paste the link to your public profile URL in the hyperlink box then click Ok, then OK again and for the last time OK.
9. Job done!
I hope that this makes your profile more obvious, more public, more accessible and more successful.
Look forward to hearing your comments and how you promote your LinkedIn profile URL outside of LinkedIn.